Thank you for using the Genesis Framework by StudioPress and selecting the eleven40 Pro theme. Following are the instructions for setting up your site to resemble the eleven40 Pro theme demo.
If you have any trouble, please fill out the contact form for assistance.
You may wish to have the eleven40 Pro theme demo open, for reference, while setting up your theme. The setup documentation for this theme has been broken down into the following sections:
- Pre-Installation Setup
- Theme Installation
- How to Import Demo Content
- How to Configure the Genesis Theme Settings
- How to Configure the Home Page
- How to Configure the Site Title and Description
- How to Use a Custom Header Image
- How to Configure the Navigation Menu(s)
- How to Configure the Primary Sidebar Area
- How to Configure the Secondary Sidebar Area
- How to Configure the Footer Widget Areas
Make sure you have the following installed:
- WordPress version 3.6+
- Genesis Framework version 2.0+
Before you begin, you will need to install and activate the following plugins. Of course, you may substitute your favorite plugins, but these are the ones used in the eleven40 Pro theme demo:
Once you have completed the pre-installation steps and you have the Genesis Framework installed, you may install the eleven40 Pro theme. You will find theme installation instructions here.
How to Import Demo Content
For your convenience, an export file of the Demo site is available to assist in the setup of your eleven40 Pro theme. You’ll find more information about this in the Importing Demo Content tutorial.
How to Configure the Theme Settings
In your WordPress admin, navigate to Genesis > Theme Settings. Configure the Theme Settings as follows:
- Use the drop down box to select a color from the available colors.
- Click a thumbnail to select the Default Layout. The eleven40 Pro theme uses the Sidebar > Content > Sidebar option.
- For Content Archives, the default setting of “Display post content” is used by the demo.
- Leave the “Limit content to __ characters” option blank or set to 0.
- Leave “Include the Featured Image?” checkbox unchecked.
- Using the drop down box, select “Numeric” for the “Post Navigation Technique.”
How to Configure the Home Page
The home page in the eleven40 Pro theme does not require any additional configuration. The home page will display one full post followed by several post excerpts. The number of excerpts displayed can be changed by navigating to Settings > Reading in the WordPress admin panel and setting the “Blog pages show at most” option to the number of excerpts you would like to have display on the home page.
Note: This setting will also set the number of posts displayed on Archive Listing and Search result pages.
How to Set the Site Title and Description
The site title and description for your site can be set by navigating to Settings > General.
- The Site Title will display in the upper left corner of your site. The text set in the Site Title setting.
- The Side Description will display centered below the Header area. The text can be set in the Tagline setting.
How to Use a Custom Header Image
If you wish to display a header or logo image instead of the Text Site title and description you can upload a custom header image. To upload your image, navigate to Appearance > Header menu. Images of exactly 320 × 65 pixels will give the best results. Other sizes will be cropped in the upload process to create an image of the correct size.
How to Configure the Navigation Menu(s)
In the eleven40 Pro theme, the Primary navigation will display in the header to the right of the logo. The Secondary navigation will display in the footer and will display only one level deep.
Go to Appearance > Menus and create a new menu. Add your menu items, then select your custom menu for each location on the Manage Locations tab.
Note: The Primary Navigation will display best when using approximately 4 short links. If more menu items are required, we recommend using submenu items to display those links.
Back to Top
How to Configure the Primary Sidebar Area
The following widgets are used in the Primary Sidebar area that displays to the right side of the content area.
- Text Widget
- Genesis eNews Extended
- Recent Posts Widget
Text Widget Settings:
The demo uses content similar to the following in the text widget. You will want to use your own image and text.
eNews Widget Settings:
How to Configure the Secondary Sidebar Area
The following widgets are used in the Secondary Sidebar area that displays to the left side of the content area.
- Archives Widget
- Custom Menu Widget
- Meta Widget
How to Configure the Footer Widget Areas
The following widget is used in the Footer 1 Widget area that displays in the first column of the footer area.
- Recent Posts Widget
The following widget is used in the Footer 2 Widget area that displays in the second column of the footer area.
Genesis Latest Tweets Widget Settings:
The following widgets are used in the Footer 3 Widget area that displays in the third column of the footer area.
- Tag Cloud Widget
- Simple Social Icons
Simple Social Icons Widget Settings:
Congratulations! You are now ready to begin adding content and personal touches to your new eleven40 Pro and Genesis powered website. If you run into any problems along the way or have questions, please fill out the contact form and let us know how we can help.