Thank you for using the Genesis Framework by StudioPress and selecting the Metric theme. Following are the instructions for setting up your site to resemble the Metric theme demo.
If you have any trouble, please fill out the contact form for assistance.
You may wish to have the Metric theme demo open, for reference, while setting up your theme.
How to Configure the Homepage Top Left Section
To use the Slider:
1. Install the Genesis Slider plugin by visiting Plugins -> Add New. Search for Genesis Slider.
Click to install, and activate.
2. Visit Genesis -> Slider and set the images sizes and other settings to your preferences.
3. Create your posts or pages for the slider, uploading a new image to each one. The first image uploaded is the one used for the slider.
4. Visit Genesis -> Slider and choose your new posts or pages. Below is a screenshot of the settings we used.
5. Visit Appearance -> Widgets and drag the Genesis – Slider widget to the Home Top Left widget area.
For more specifics on the slider plugin, please see Using the Genesis Slider plugin.
How to Configure the Homepage Right Section
Go to Dashboard>Appearance>Widgets
Drag a Featured Post widget to the Homepage Top Right section and configure it as shown in the screenshot below, linking it to the post of your choice.
You may also use a Featured Page widget here.
Make sure you use the More tag at the cut-off point for your homepage text.
How to Configure the Homepage Middle Section
Below is a screenshot which illustrates the configuration of the widgets for Metric Child Theme Homepage Middle section. Each widget area uses a Genesis Featured Page widget.
How to Configure the Header Menu
In the Metric theme, we have used the Header Right widget area and a Custom Menu widget for the main navigation areas.
1. Create a menu under Appearance -> Menus. You may call the menu whatever name you like. Do not assign the menu to the Primary or Secondary nav slots as they are not used on the demo.
2. Visit the Appearance -> Widgets screen. Drag the Custom Menu widget to the Header right widget area.
3. Choose the menu that you created in step 1 and save the widget.
Congratulations! You are now ready to begin adding content and personal touches to your new Metric and Genesis powered website. If you run into any problems along the way or have questions, please fill out the contact form and let us know how we can help.