FAQ categories are an optional tool that are useful for organizing your FAQs.
After you’ve installed and activated the Genesis Simple FAQs plugin, there will be a new Simple FAQs option available in the left side menu.
Go to Simple FAQs > Categories to create a new FAQ category.
- Name: Enter the name of your new category. Example: Account & Billing.
- Slug: Enter the URL-friendly version of the name. You may use only lowercase letters, numbers, and hyphens. Do not use spaces in the slug. Example: account-and-billing.
- Parent Category: Use the drop down to assign a parent category, if desired. Assigning a parent category is for admin organizational purposes only. It will not display a hierarchy of categories on your site.
- Description: Add a brief description of this category, if desired. This is mostly for your reference only unless you theme has been customized to display it.
- Click Add New Category to save the category.
You can also create FAQ categories from within the FAQ editor, as shown in the image below.
- Existing Categories: Check the box of the existing category you’d like to assign to the FAQ.
- New Category: Click Add New Category to create a new category for the FAQ.